Where we last were…

I think we had gotten back from our Vermont trip, right?  Here is what you missed (in case you were wondering…):

First and foremost, the doodlebugs started all-day, every day kindergarten and they don’t need me anymore. **SNIFF**  I took care of them half a week for FIVE years and I can’t believe how grown up they are.  I will miss them on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I’m so happy that they are loving school and since we are related, I’ll still get to see them pretty often!  Along with some Reeses peanut butter cups and a comfy blanket with pictures of them on it, they gave me a wonderful thank you card:

img_7586 img_7588

There was also Labor Day which meant the Buick/Olds/Pontiac Challenge (which Paul WON – winner winner chicken dinner!) and Musclepalooza and a busy racing weekend.  I had to get this picture of my pit crew buddy Ray behind me in the staging lanes:


He didn’t look too thrilled.

And sometimes there is this:


My job was to hurry up and get the gas container because if Paul won that round, he would need more.  He did!

The following weekend we went to Cape Cod for our almost-yearly after-the-crowds-leave trip.  I’ll tell you what… it was still crowded.  Here is what was good about the weekend:


A yummy meal at Arnold’s.(Yes we got SALAD with our fried-everything-else.)


A beautiful sunset in Rock Harbor.



A visit to a yarn shop I hadn’t been to before in Chatham called A Great Yarn.  Such a great little shop (that was also a bookstore!).  I was flattered when she told me I was too young to remember what their button holder was. (I’M NOT!)  The blue yarn in the above photo was dyed especially with the town of Chatham in mind.  And the purple yarn is Koigu KPPPM which I love.  And it’s purple.

The rest of the weekend everything else seemed to not be going our way.  On the way to the Cape, we stopped at the Brimfield antique show and it was so humid, we left there sopping wet.  The bathroom in our hotel room was malfunctioning in several ways the first night, with no other room for us to move to.  There were tiny ants all over our table at the breakfast place we like to go to.  We specifically went to Cape Cod because we love to sit on the beach and listen to the waves, but it was so windy we couldn’t even walk and the sand was blowing in our faces.  The rest of the time it was horribly humid.  Then on the way home, at a rest stop, I slammed my thumb in the trunk of the car, getting it stuck and necessitating me banging on the trunk to get Paul to push the button to open it up.

Several days of not knitting later…

I was able to rally when we went to Maryland for the last race of the season.  In the car, I was able to work on the baby sweater I was supposed to finish several days earlier (see aforementioned trunk incident):


And then I finished it, blocked it and sewed buttons on it in the hotel room:


So I could give it to the recipient (sort of).


That’s Denny and Renee talking to Paul and Rob – the sweater was for their grandbaby! (The discussion here is around why Paul’s slick – the back racing tire – was flat and would the plug hold the next time he went down the track.  It did.)

Returning home from Maryland, there was a frenzy of rescheduling cancelled knitting lessons (see aforementioned trunk incident), frantically knitting samples for upcoming classes since I lost some days:

img_7627 img_7626


…and now figuring out how to work in the commissioned seaming and blocking projects I have waiting for me that got even further delayed (see aforementioned trunk incident).

Whew – good thing I have a little extra time now that the doodlebugs are in school!

P.S. I also couldn’t resist getting the last two skeins of Periwinkle Sheep Elderberry during the grand re-opening week at The Spinning Room because not only is it my favorite purple in the world, I got several more chances to enter the raffle (which I didn’t win):


P.P.S More information on the yarn and patterns up there the next time.

2 thoughts on “Where we last were…

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: