The Time. It Flies. Things Happen.
Things are crazy again and time is flying by, but things have happened so I want to tell you about them, but it will have to be in a list with pictures…….
1) I taught the third full class of the Wheaten wrap and everyone got a good start!
2) I took a drop spindle spinning class at The Spinning Room.
It was great and I learned a lot!
3) Wait, let’s back up a minute….. I TOOK A CLASS! I didn’t TEACH a class. I TOOK a class. I don’t get to do that very often. It was great.
4) I finished Paul’s vest!
Almost. If you look closely, at the top of the zipper, you will see some yarn ends sticking out. Those are the ends of where I cut up the front of the vest. I just need to hand sew grosgrain ribbon along each side of the zipper to hide those ends and give it a nice, finished look. (I say” just” as if it were something small, minor, taking little time….) But it looks great and it fits him great and he likes it!
6) Another sign of spring!
Ok, so you can’t really see it in this picture – which is a pretty picture of the sunset – but there is a BLUEBIRD in that little maple tree in our front yard! A BLUEBIRD! I was so happy to see it. I just think they are such a pretty bird with pretty blue feathers and a white/rosy tummy. We had many in our yard when we lived in Vermont and I hadn’t seen any since we’ve lived here (8 years). Although, Paul says he’s seen one before….
7) And another sign of spring!
Buds on the lilac bush at the doodlebugs house.
7) And another!
8) And lastly, I started a spring/summer short sleeved sweater. It’s not the one I thought I’d do.
It’s off to a good start – I love, Love, LOVE top down sweaters. No seaming!