Thanksgiving has come and gone and now we move on to the preparations for the next holiday! In the meantime, here is a list:
1) This happened since the last post…
It didn’t last long but I didn’t really welcome it.
2) I made the Meatballs Marsala with Egg Noodles from my new Smitten Kitchen Every Day: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites cookbook
They were DELICIOUS! Looks just like the picture in the book, right???
3) I finally snagged a skein of the Gauge Dye Works sock yarn in the All Together Now colorway:
I got obsessed with it after seeing a finished sock (click on the link up there to see it) and missed out on two of the shop updates before finally getting this one. Starting it soon…????
4) Here is what happens when you temporarily lose your TWO Portuguese knitting pins:
Found one at the bottom of my knitting bag and the other attached to my sweatshirt that went through the wash. I predicted this would happen the moment I started learning this technique. There is nothing like opening the little tin you have for storing your knitting pins and finding it empty. Thanks to The Google for the knitting pin hack.
5) In other knitting news, it was Shop Small Saturday and I did….
….at The Spinning Room. It was BUSY in there! (I made a tree with my purchases, in case you couldn’t tell.)
6) How about some Smudge pictures? He is growing and creating kitten-y havoc around here and we love it.
Plopped right down on top of my knitting and started purring, looking for some pats and scratches.