I don’t have a coordinated thought today, since this past week/weekend just wore me out. So you are getting a list….
1) I taught the 2-in1 Socks class on Saturday. Everyone got well on their way with their socks and loved the lunch I made. Wouldn’t it have been great and made for a more interesting blog post if I had remembered to take pictures?
2) While I was teaching, Paul went and did pick-your-own by himself:
Did I tell you that they always give us a little bouquet of flowers (and sometimes a gladiola) when we go to pick-your-own? So pretty and they really brighten up the kitchen.
3) I have forgotten to water my house plants for about a month. I just watered them and I hope they survive.
4) After teaching class, Paul and I went to babysit the doodlebugs so their parents could go to a grown up party. When they were put to bed, we heard them talking on the baby monitor:
B: “Oh no, Peep [stuffed lamb] lost her blankie.” (read: B threw his blanket out of the crib.)
M: “Oh no, Peep!”
B: “Maybe Auntie Liz can help.”
M: “Well, Auntie Liz is not in here right now.”
B: “Maybe Peep should call for Auntie Liz…. AUNTIE LIZ, SAID PEEP! AUNTIE LIZ, SAID PEEP!”
I went and retrieved blankie “for Peep”.
5) We saw this on the way to babysit:
6) Paul washed all the windows in the house. He is so great. (I cleaned the whole rest of the house so I’m pretty great, too. But he is especially great because I just cannot stand to wash windows.)
7) I did this with our pick-your-own and CSA share:
Tomato puree, dilly beans (never had them. hope we like them.), applesauce with some plums and pears thrown in (REALLY yummy); beans to freeze, more beans to freeze, broccoli to freeze, peas to freeze. We may need to buy a supplemental freezer….
8) I was working on cleaning up the craft room and found my Downton Abbey Mystery Shawl that I never blocked (I finished it in February), so I blocked it:
9) Jigsaw puzzles are a time suck. We had lunch for two and a half hours yesterday. We didn’t even know what happened.
10) Here’s where I’m keeping my ribbon for the next little bit:
More interesting and cohesive thoughts next time. I am this close (thumb and forefinger held really close together) to finishing my Wheaten wrap and I can’t wait to show it to you.