1) Today, at 6:45pm, it will be Spring.
2) Today it will also snow.
3) It’s ok. Spring is in my mind and I’m pretending things are all Spring, all the time. I’m picturing these crocuses:
and these daffodils:
in full bloom (I’m not going to worry they will die because they thought they were supposed to bloom but then it was 10 degrees last night), with sunshine and blue sky and a nice warm breeze.
4) I’m working on my Spring tee, with cotton yarn:
Second Story Tee, from the new Spring Interweave KNITS magazine, using Cascade Cotton Rich DK (which has been discontinued). I’ve got about 1/2 the back done. The front is the same but the diagonal is reversed. I want to finish it so I can wear it as soon as the weather is nice. However. It’s getting a little dull knitting the same pattern over and over and over, with no shaping. Maybe I should break out another unfinished thing to work on in between….
5) I’m also in the mood to bake something Spring-y (light and refreshing) like these lemon bars. But first it will be two more batches of the Doughnut Muffins I made last week, to bring to my classes at The Spinning Room tomorrow.
6) I also Sprung into action (see what I did there? “sprung”!) and actually put buttons on my Tea Leaves Cardigan:
I just love this sweater. I love the color. I love how it fits. I love that it’s cozy on the first day of Spring (when the weather is not exactly Spring-y).